Davis Constructors welcomes interest in employment for the following positions, as well as college internships:
- Project Managers
- Quality Control
- Project Engineers
Job Openings as of 2/21/17:
Job Title: Payroll Accounting Technician- Temporary
Payroll Accounting Technician Job Purpose: Supports accounting operations by processing payroll accounting transactions; interacting with employees and outside contacts; running software programs.
Payroll Accounting Technician Job Duties:
- Process weekly union and staff payroll including but not limited to timesheet preparation, time entry, employee maintenance, processing checks and 941 tax payments.
- Must become knowledgeable about the Davis and Haskell/Davis JV employee handbook policies and procedures in order to process payroll and assist with the on boarding of new hires.
- Maintain and process certified payroll for Davis, Mass X and its Subcontractors.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
- Assist with audit preparation for year end, workers compensation, union, and job audits.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned. This will be a temporary position from approx. February 27th – May 19th, 2017Email one page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 907-561-3620. Only local applicants will be considered.
- Salary DOE. EOE & drug free workplace: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, physical disability, sex, or marital status. E-Verify.
- Skills/Qualifications: Attention to Detail, Organization, Ability to Learn and Use Financial Software, PC Proficiency, Typing, Productivity, Dependability.
Send your resume to:
Davis Constructors & Engineers, Inc.
6591 A Street, Suite 300
Anchorage, AK 99518
We employ Trade Personnel (carpenters and laborers) referred to us
through local hiring halls:
Carpenters Local Union 1281
Anchorage, AK 99501
Carpenters Local Union 1243
315 Fifth Avenue
PO Box 347
Fairbanks, AK 99707
Carpenters Local Union 2247
PO Box 021154
Juneau, AK 99802
Laborers Local 341
2501 Commercial Drive
Anchorage, AK 99501
Laborers Local 942
315 Barnett Street
Fairbanks, AK 99701
710 West 9th
Juneau, AK 99801
Employees are subject to E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Davis Constructors’ policy is to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors, such as work quality, attitude, and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Davis Constructors prohibits discrimination against employees or applicants because of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, parenting, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law in any term, condition, or privilege of employment including hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, or discharge.
Further, Davis Constructors shall undertake affirmative action to remedy under-utilization of minorities and women at all levels of the work force by taking affirmative actions necessary to achieve a representative work force. Such actions include specifically targeting recruiting efforts for under-represented classifications through written and verbal advertisements.
Davis Constructors will also give notice to supervisors, unions, and other employees of the affirmative actions to be undertaken and ensure that all supervisors and employees are aware of their obligation to maintain a working atmosphere free from discriminatory conduct or attitudes. It is each employee’s responsibility, including supervisors and managers, to act in accordance with this policy.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Under the ADA , discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities is prohibited in all employment practices, including job application procedures, hiring, firing, advancement, compensation, training, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Davis Constructors will comply fully with all provisions of the ADA , which include providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals. Any employee believing they are in need of reasonable accommodation should immediately inform their supervisor.
Unlawful Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
Davis Constructors is committed to providing a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and sexual harassment. It is the responsibility of every employee to promote a climate within the work environment that will not tolerate such conduct. Unlawful discrimination or sexual harassment is strictly forbidden. Prohibited discrimination and sexual harassment includes slurs, epithets, threats, derogatory comments, unwelcome jokes, teasing, and/or other similar verbal or physical contact relating to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual advances, requests or demands for sexual favors, or other verbal, nonverbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature. It can include:
- Sexual flirtations, advances, or propositions
- Verbal comments or physical actions of a sexual nature
- Sexually degrading words used to describe an individual
- A display of sexually suggestive objects or pictures
- Sexually explicit jokes
- Accessing any kind of sexually explicit image or document on any company system
If any employee feels that he or she has experienced or witnessed any form of harassment, including sexual harassment, he or she should immediately invoke the problem-resolution procedure described in this handbook. No employee will be retaliated against or receive adverse treatment for reporting harassment or for participating in an investigation. All allegations and reports will be treated seriously and investigated promptly.
Any person employed at Davis Constructors who is investigated and found to have engaged in harassment of any kind will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including immediate dismissal from employment.
Drug and Alcohol Use
Davis Constructors seeks to provide a drug-free, healthful, and safe workplace. To promote this goal, employees are required to report to work in appropriate mental and physical condition to perform their jobs in a satisfactory manner.
While on Davis Constructors’ premises and while conducting business related activities at other sites, no employee may use, possess, distribute, sell, or be under the influence of alcohol or engage in the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of illegal drugs. Violations of this policy may lead to disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination of employment and/or required participation in a substance abuse rehabilitation or treatment program. Such violations may also have legal consequences.
Any prospective employee or current employee of Davis Constructors is subject to the drug and alcohol policies and procedures described in extensive detail in an attachment to the Employee Handbook. Circumstances under which substance testing may be conducted include pre-hire, random, post-accident/incident, reasonable suspicion, return-to-duty, and follow-up testing.
Social events sanctioned by Davis Constructors may include alcoholic beverages. Their prudent consumption in this type of setting is excepted from the above policy.
Employees with questions on this policy or issues related to drug or alcohol use in the workplace should raise concerns with their supervisor, other management employee or the Drug Program Administrator without fear of reprisal.